All applicants must meet admissions requirements to be eligible for entry to the school. All applicants must be interviewed to determine their “Ability to Benefit” from the training and their sincere desire and interest to successfully complete the program.
During the interview the school’s standards of academic progress, rules regulations, and the expectations are also explained.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. In addition, the applicant must satisfy one of the following requirements in order to be considered for admission:
- A student in possession of a high school diploma, or its equivalency (G.E.D.)
- A foreign student without a U.S. high school diploma or GED providing documentation of having completed secondary level education or a self-certifying statement that secondary level education has been completed in a foreign country.
Additional Admissions Requirements
The following items must be completed at the time of application:
- Application for Admission;
- Enrollment Agreement (if applicant is under 18 years of age, it must also be signed by parent or guardian);
- High school diploma, transcript or other proof of graduation from an institution providing secondary education, or the equivalent of such graduation, as recognized by the State of Florida, or through the school’s Ability-To-Benefit (ATB) program;
- College transcripts and/or letters demonstrating work experience for programs where applicable;
- Financial Assistance forms (if applicant wishes to apply for Financial Assistance);
- Payment of application fee (non-refundable unless applicant is denied admission or cancels application within three days of the school’s receipt of the application and fee); and
- Interview Acknowledgment Form.
The school reserves the right to reject applicants if the items listed above are not successfully completed.
Payment of the Application Fee at time of enrollment may be waived for students who previously attended Hebron Technical Institute but did not graduate from Hebron Technical Institute, and recipients of financial assistance from agencies that cover the fee for students. Third party funding must be verified in order for the upfront payment of the Application Fee to be waived. If a third party is covering the Application Fee, the full amount must be paid within 14 calendar days of enrollment.